Black Box 4-Port USB to RS232 Converter DB9 – USB 1.1 B9
Windows® 98/Me/XP and Windows 2000 compatible.
Use an external USB connection to get the extra COM ports you need.
Why install an internal serial adapter to get extra COM ports when using an external USB connection makes more sense? This USB Hub converts your serial RS-232 devices to USB-adaptable peripherals without sacrificing serial connection speeds.
The hub features high-speed UARTs with 128-byte FIFO transmit buffers and 384-byte FIFO receive buffers. It connects easily to peripheral serial devices in an external plug-and-play fashion. Because it’s hot-swappable, you can install it without having to power down your PC.
The hub comes with all necessary drivers, utilities, and help files for quick setup in Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, and Windows XP operating systems. Simply load the included software drivers, then connect the hub to your USB port and an RS-232 serial device.
- Enables you to add a serial port to your PC, laptop, Thin client, or server via a single USB port.
- An easy, economical alternative to installing a serial board in your PC.
- Port speeds up to 230 kbps.
- Configurable COM port assignment.
- Wide range of operating system support for Windows® users
- No external power required.
- Supports USB version 1.1
- Powered by the USB bus
- RS-232 data rates up to 460.8 kbps.
- No I/O ports or IRQs required