Bosch Network SplitterThe network splitter is used in a network to provide two branches from the main cable run. It can use an external DC power supply, or it can use the power supply from the network controller. The unit automatically switches to the local power supply unit when it is connected to it, reducing the power drain on the main network. The network splitter can also function as a repeater, effectively extending the length of the main network another 50 meters.
The splitter inserts Praesideo units connected to a tapoff into the main network, however without the redundancy of the main loop. The maximum current supplied for each of the two tap-offs is separately selectable. External power from the local supply is used only for the tap-offs, and is not fed into the main system cable. The network splitter has two LEDs for diagnostic purposes.
Controls and indicators
- Power status LED
- Fault status LED
- Jumpers to configure tap-offs power behavior
- Two system network connections for main network
- Two system network connection for network tap-offs
- External power supply input
- Two current-limited network tap-offs
- Supports redundant network connection on main loop
- Can feed power from an external supply to the network
- Indicators for power and fault status
Guides and Documents