Hauppauge Colossus 2 PCI Express Full Height Board – Functions: Video Recording, Video Streaming – PCI Express x1 – 1920 x 1080 – NTSC, PAL – H.264 1080P HDMI IN/OUT
Colossus 2 is an internal video recorder which plugs into PCI Express x1 or x16 slots. It contains the same studio quality video encoder which is used in the HD PVR 2, and can record both HDMI and Component video at up to 1080p30, with support for 1080p60 passthrough.
Like the HD PVR 2, Colossus 2 also has built-in hardware support for H.264 Variable (VBR) and Constant bit rate (CBR) encoding, video downscaling, and a logo inserter for putting ‘bugs’ or logos on your recordings or video streams.
Colossus 2 uses a high quality Analog Devices video front end, and a Magnum studio quality video encoder. The Magnum encoder supports data rates are from .2Mbits/second to 13.5 Mbits/sec CBR, with VBR datarates running to about 21 Mbits/sec.
Colossus 2 runs under Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and Windows XP.
Record your favorite TV programs from HD cable TV and satellite set top boxes. Colossus 2 connects to most HD cable TV and satellite TV receivers with component video and optical digital audio. Stereo audio inputs are supported, too. Some cable TV and satellite boxes allow recording from HDMI (non HDCP encrypted HDMI).
Includes Hauppauge’s WinTV v7 TV application for automatic recording of TV programs from cable or satellite set top boxes
If you have an un-encrypted HDMI video source, such as a digital SLR, you can record directly from this source.
Includes Ir Blaster Cable. Colossus 2 Can Automatically Change The Channel On Your Set Top Box.
- Colossus 2 PCI Express High Definition Video Recorder
- Studio quality HD video recorder, with HDMI and Component video input and lag-free video pass through
- Record your TV programs in HD from a cable TV, DVR or satellite TV box. Offload your DVR and free up DVR disk space. Or create a library of your favorite TV programs in HD!
- Record your Xbox, Playstation or PC game play in HD
- Now with optical audio plus IR blaster to control your cable or satellite set top box
- Includes our no delay pass through, so you can watch TV from your cable or satellite box while you record in HD!
- Now includes StreamEez, so you can live stream. Create a Twitch, YouTube or Ustream channel with StreamEez
- Includes our Personal Logo inserter, you can add your own logo to your recordings and Twitch and Ustream channels.