Lenovo IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader w/LTO8 HH SAS – 1 x Drive/9 x Slot – LTO-8 – 108 TB (Native) / 270 TB (Compressed) – 300 MB/s (Native) / 750 MB/s (Compressed) – SAS – Network (RJ-45) – 1UDesktop/Rack-mountable – 1 Year Warranty LTO8 HH SAS
IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader for Lenovo (Machine Type 6171) is an entry-level compact 1U tape unit that offers IBM tape reliability, density, and performance for entry-level and compact tape libraries at a cost-effective price.
With a capacity of nine cartridges, the TS2900 Tape Autoloader is a rack-mountable or deskside unit that contains a single IBM LTO Ultrium half-high SAS tape drive. The choice of the tape drives includes IBM LTO Ultrium 8 Half-High SAS Tape Drive (Model S8H), IBM LTO Ultrium 7 Half-High SAS Tape Drive (Model S7H), IBM LTO Ultrium 6 Half-High SAS Tape Drive (Model S6H), or IBM LTO Ultrium 5 Half-High SAS Tape Drive (Model S5H).
The TS2900 is an ideal solution if you need an entry-level larger capacity or higher performance tape backup with or without random access. The TS2900 is an excellent choice for tape automation for Lenovo servers.
- An entry-level and compact tape library for high capacity, high performance, and high reliability.
- Adherence to LTO specifications.
- Support for one half-high LTO Ultrium 8, Ultrium 7, Ultrium 6, Ultrium 5, or Ultrium 6 SAS tape drive.
- Native cartridge capacity of up to 12 TB (Ultrium 8), 6 TB (Ultrium 7), up to 2.5 TB (Ultrium 6), or up to 1.5 TB (Ultrium 5).
- Native data transfer rate of up to 300 MB/s (Ultrium 8 or Ultrium 7), up to 160 MB/s (Ultrium 6), or up to 140 MB/s (Ultrium 5).
- One removable magazine that houses nine data cartridges (including one I/O station) to enable quick population of the tape library and ease the storage needs for media.
- A single I/O station to help support continuous library operations, while importing and exporting media with little or no disruption to library operation.
- A standard bar code reader with which you can operate the TS2900 in sequential (autoloader) or random (library) access mode.
- Mixed media support, including IBM LTO Ultrium 8, 7, 6, and 5 Write Once Read Many (WORM) media.
- Remote management capabilities to allow for administration of the TS2900 through a web interface.