SonicWall Secure Mobile Access Appliance – 6 Port – 10/100/1000Base-T, 10GBase-X – 10 Gigabit Ethernet – 3DES, AES, MD5, RSA, DES, RC4 – 6 x RJ-45 – 2 Total Expansion Slots – 1U – Rack-mountable .
Mobile and BYOD are creating a new wave of security, compliance and access challenges for IT organizations. Security breaches can occur from unauthorized persons accessing lost or stolen devices, unmanaged mobile devices serving as a conduit to infect the network with malware, the interception of corporate data over unsecured third-party wireless networks or mobile services, or rogue apps gaining access to data stored on a device.
To address these challenges, many organizations are considering or have already deployed hosted virtual desktop (HVD), enterprise mobility management (EMM) or other data encryption solutions to secure business data on mobile and remote devices. This a great start, but if only on-device data protection is addressed, company data and networks are still at risk. Security is an end-to-end mobile workflow challenge.
End-to-end data protection and security
The SonicWall Secure Mobile Access (SMA) gateway enables administrators to easily provision secure mobile access and role-based privileges for managed and unmanaged devices. You can provide mobile workers with policy-enforced per-app VPN access to the allowed enterprise data and resources that they require – while protecting the corporate network from mobile security threats.
The SMA gateway integrates with all leading EMM vendors, including SonicWall Enterprise Mobility Management, to provide the most secure end-to-end mobile management and security solution for bring-your-own (BYO), choose-your-own (CYO) and managed devices. EMM technology establishes on-device data protection policies and app management, and SMA completes the end-to-end data protection and security solution by enforcing access control policy – thereby ensuring that only trusted users and devices and authorized, validated mobile apps are granted VPN access and only to allowed company networks and resources.
In addition, corporate VPN access can be restricted to the set of mobile apps trusted by the administrator while unauthorized mobile apps are prevented from accessing VPN resources. Any mobile app or secure container can be supported with no modifications, app wrapping or SDK development. The solution also helps enforce and track mobile worker acceptance of device authorization policy terms, reducing legal risk.
Secure access for mobile devices
For mobile device users, the solution includes the intuitive SonicWall Mobile Connect app. In combination with the SMA gateway, this app provides iOS, Mac OS X, Android, Kindle Fire or Windows 8.1 devices with easy per-app VPN access to permitted resources, including shared folders, client-server applications, intranet sites, email, and virtual desktop applications such as Citrix, VMware View, Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and SonicWall vWorkspace.
- Unified access to all network and cloud resources for “any time, any device, any application” secure access
- Control who has access to what resources by defining granular policies with the robust access control engine
- Increase productivity by delivering federated single sign-on to any SaaS or locally hosted application with a single URL
- Lower TCO and reduce complexity of access management by consolidating infrastructure components in a hybrid IT environment
- Gain visibility into every connecting device and grant access based on policies and the health of the endpoint
- Prevent malware breaches by scanning all files uploaded into your network with Capture ATP sandbox
- Protect against web based attacks and provide PCI compliance with Web Application Firewall add-on
- Stop DDoS and zombie attacks with Geo IP detection and Botnet protection
- Get secure, native agent functionality using web browser based clientless HTML5 access without the overhead of installing and maintaining agents on the endpoint devices
- Gain actionable insights you need to make the right decisions with real-time monitoring and comprehensive reporting