StarTech.com 10 Gigabit Ethernet Copper-to-Fiber Media Converter – Open SFP+ – Managed – 10G Ethernet Media Converter – Convert & extend a high-speed copper (10GBASE-T) connection over fiber (10GBASE-R) using the 10Gbe SFP+ transceiver of your choice – 10 Gigabit Ethernet Copper-to-Fiber Media Converter – Open SFP+ – Managed – 10G Ethernet Media Converter w/ SFP+ Slot WITH AN OPEN SFP+ SLOT MANAGEDThis 10GbE fiber media converter lets you scale your network using the 10Gb SFP+ transceiver that best suits your network type and distance requirements. It’s a cost-effective way to convert copper to fiber, or fiber to copper, and it integrates easily into a range of 10Gb network infrastructures.
The 10G fiber converter delivers fast and reliable network access at longer distances than copper-based networks, making it ideal for server rooms or workstations in remote areas or in other buildings.
Expand your high-speed network over longer distances
This high-performance fiber media converter integrates nicely into a variety of 10 Gigabit networks. And, because the card supports up to 10Gbps throughput, you can quickly bridge your traditional 10Gb copper (RJ45) based network across long distances using fiber-optic cable.
Now you can transfer large files and access high-bandwidth multimedia content in less time, even in remote locations.
Use the SFP+ transceiver that’s best for you
With an open SFP+ slot, the 10GbE media converter adapts to your network connection and distance requirements. Plus, because it’s compatible with most 10GbE SFP+ transceivers, it offers more possibilities for connecting devices and users to your network. With support for a wide range of transceivers, the network converter is ideal for dynamic, high-performance data centers.
Simple network management and diagnostics
The 10 Gigabit fiber media converter offers built-in management functionality, so you can quickly, yet effectively manage and customize your network settings through the local serial console port.
Prepare your network for the future
If your existing network consists of RJ45 copper-based devices and cables, you might not be ready for future network expansion. Because the newest fiber-based network switches feature SFP+ ports more often than RJ45 ports, you might need a converter to bridge your copper and fiber networks together.
This versatile fiber media converter is the perfect way to add users and devices to your network, now or in the future, while simultaneously interfacing your copper and fiber network mediums.
The ET10GSFP is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Achieve faster network access over longer distances, and extend your 10Gb copper (RJ45) network using fiber optic cable
- Integrate into your network using the SFP+ transceiver of your choice � the open SFP+ slot is compatible with most 10Gbps SFP+ modules
- Manage and customize the media converter to fit your needs, using the serial console management port
- Empty expansion bay lets you install an additional converter card using a compatible StarTech.com ET91000 series media converter card module
- Four link fault pass-through (LFP) modes (UTP to fiber, fiber to UTP, two-way, disabled)
- Two built-in cooling fans
- Rugged, metal housing
- Up to 9.6K Jumbo Frame support
- Supports IEEE 802.3ae (10GBase-R), and 802.3an (10GBase-T) protocols
- Supports Auto MDIX, ALS, Loopback, and DDMI