Transition Networks S6120-1040 Interface Module – For Optical Network, Data Networking – 4 x RJ-48 T1/E1/J1 Network, 1 x RJ-45 10/100Base-TX LAN – Optical Fiber, Twisted PairFast Ethernet – T1/E1/J1, 100Base-TX, 100Base-X/OC-31 x Expansion Slots – SFP 1XSFPThe ION 4 x T1/E1/J1 copper to fiber network interface device (NID) provides a solution for those users that need to extend multiple T1/E1/J1 connections and 10/100Mbps Ethernet over fiber.
The ION 4 x T1/E1/J1 supports Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceivers to support a variety of fiber types, distances and wavelengths to provide maximum flexibility across a variety of network topologies.
The use of Coarse Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM) SFPs can be utilized to further increase the bandwidth capacity of the fiber infrastructure.
The ION 4 x T1/E1/J1 NID must be used in pairs. A typical installation will include a chassis card installed in the ION Platform locally and a stand-alone device installed at the remote location.
- (4) RJ-48 copper interfaces
- (1) fiber interface (fixed or SFP)
- (2) SFP ports on S6121-1040 model
- (1) RJ-45 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
- Pause (Flow Control on Ethernet port)
- Loopback via test set
- Local and remote loopbacks
- LEDs for device status and troubleshooting
- Settings for line code, line build out, loopbacks and Alarm Indication Signal (AIS)
- Access to complete status and configuration on local and remote device
- Remote firmware upgrade
- Remote management
- Extended operating temperature